Friday

Turkey Link Day

Which hopefully none of the following links are turkeys, just a little stuffing:

If It's Hip, It's Here found a great Paper Fashions by Zoe Bradley. They are incredible along with some really good photography, see the entire portfolio here.


This one is right up my alley, Shi Xiaofan is a Chinese photographer with a new series of images titled, “The Stranger In The Glass Box”. Go to his web site and click on the portfolio link, this particular piece is under Project One. Its a great blend and throw back of French Fashion and Chinese Culture.

Check out the work by Kris Kuksi, I'm especially amazed by the intricate detail of his grotesque series.

In Photographic history we learn about "typology". One f the best examples of which are the Bechers, who systematically shot over 200 images of water towers almost all in the same way. Okay so why the photo art lesson? Well I came across this blog post by box vox and and the connection was made. Water towers turned into packaging for advertising products. I think the milk bottle tower could use a fresh coat of paint though. Maybe we don't forget everything as soon as the final test is taken.


Okay this one was in a spanish blog (no I don't know how I found it-just enjoy) so I've made the link to run through Google translator to save you a step. The Compass is a camera among many things, kind of like a swiss army knife camera for spys-must be why I love it and a must for my character "Agent Lee".




And finally a bit of fun. I laughed I cried, I wet myself- Swedish Dance bands form the 70's. These are priceless.

No comments: